Sunday, May 17, 2009

Missy and Mister

My restaurant has expanded! These two have been around ever since I got here, but they were too scared of me to ever get this close. Notice Missy’s ears are back in her pictures - she doesn’t like it when I watch her eat. Even after four months of sweet talking and three weeks of meals on demand, she bopped my hand when I tried to reach out to pet her. Females! I mean, felines! : )

This was the first day Mister would get close enough to eat. Once I came home and caught him sitting under the trailer. He ran around the side of the shed. I peeked around the corner on my end to find him peeking around from the other end. We both were surprised and my outburst of laughter scared him away. But today we was brave and enjoyed vegeburger sloppy joes with Missy (his wife of course).

I’m always tempted to write only nice things. I tend to live looking at life with rose-colored glasses anyway. But to be more honest I should mention this... The third cat, the prettiest, that looked like my childhood cat, Boone, was hit by a car the night before these pictures... Thankfully, Mr. Hewes found it first and moved it off the road so I wouldn’t have to see it. He knew I’ve been feeding the cats because Missy has stood looking in the church door during the entire service for the last two weeks, begging!

No comments:

Post a Comment