Monday, May 25, 2009

Dressed, Stuffed, Baked and Served

No this is not going to be a recipe.  It was actually ME that got dressed, stuffed...


Melanie Clark and her mother Anne took me out on my day off for what I thought was going to be another walk at a state park.  Melanie has been taking me at least once a month for an adventure at one of the many state parks in the area.  It is always a MUCH welcomed break from routine and the city.


But today I was surprised.  They took me to a mall parking lot and told me I could not say no - we were going on a shopping spree at JC Penny’s.  And they pushed a $100 gift card and $40 cash into my hands insisting that I would spend it all today...


They found a pair of black jeans that would fit (with Anne’s expertise sewing skills to make the waist smaller), and some knee length khaki shorts, a capped sleeve blue plaid Arizona Co. shirt, a cute pinstripe blouse (that matches the pants), and three T-shirts.  I have never spent that much money on clothes at one time in my life!  They dressed me up and then...


Next stop was a Ryan’s buffet.  And I was definitely stuffed before we left!


When we got back into the car Melanie commented that she should have cracked the windows: “We’re going to bake you in here.”  Texas is plenty warm this time of year; I was baked.


Then we went to a bicycle/walking trail that ran along the edge of town and took a long walk through the woods.  After all that shopping and all that food it was probably the last thing they felt like doing, but they knew I would enjoy it.  They served me all day as if I was the queen.


And so Toni was dressed, stuffed, baked, and served.


(Thank you Melanie and Anne for such a memorable day.  I appreciate your love!)


No comments:

Post a Comment